Free Color-coded Genealogy Research Filing System
Posted on Feb 07, 2012
This free resource will walk you through a very easy to follow process for organizing your genealogy research.
Starting out organized is easier than getting organized later on. It didn’t take long before my own genealogy research became paper bound with pedigree charts, family group records, to-do lists, research logs, documents, notes and research tools. I was robbing myself of the precious time I had for research because I spent hours looking for what I knew I had and duplicating research I had already done.
When I became organized I:
- Knew exactly what information I had for each ancestor.
- Had a complete list of information I was missing for each ancestor.
- Knew exactly what resources I had checked and results of my research.
- Knew every book I had ever searched.
- Remembered who I had contacted and the response I had received.
- Could easily file new research findings.
When you register for the genealogy organizational system, you will also be included in Barry’s Lunch ‘n Learn Series. Receive FREE learning and reference resources you can view, or download covering a broad range of genealogical topics. Every two weeks you will receive an email with varying resources.